The following terms & conditions govern the rights and obligations of V Fitness and members thereof.
- a) Memberships are personal to the member and are non-assignable, non-transferable. In exceptional circumstances a transfer will be considered at the discretion of the Club’s Manager, however an administration fee would be applicable.
- b) A member may not loan his/her membership card to be used by a third party.
- c) V Fitness may assign the benefit of these agreements to any person, firm or company at anytime without notice to the member.
- d) All new memberships are subject to the approval of the Management. The Management reserves the right to reject an application for membership to the club for any reason whatsoever.
- e) Upon acceptance, the member will be issued with a membership card/key (which shall remain the property of the company) and the member shall be entitled to all the rights and privileges under the class of membership purchased, if a membership card is lost or misplaced, the Management will issue a replacement card against a fee with applicable taxes.
- f) Any member wishing to enter the Club without a valid membership card will only be admitted at the discretion of the Management.
- g) Fitness membership entitles a member to use the club at anytime during opening times.
- h) For any type of membership, you have to complete the minimum term for any membership adjustments to be made- where minimum term is one calendar month.
- i) Memberships are available to individuals who are minimum of 18 years of age. Any applicant below 18 years of age must produce a letter of consent by the parent/guardian, however all visits must be accompanied by the parent/guardian and/or the junior member will be required to purchase PT and only train in the club with a Personal Trainer.
2. Membership Fees
- a) All members shall pay an initial Registration fee as per the rate applicable at that time, these are non- refundable, including upon resignation or termination, and shall become immediately due upon being accepted as a member.
- b) Registration fees are subject to change without prior notice.
- c) Registration fees and membership fees are non – refundable upon resignation or termination for any reason whatsoever.
- d) Any price changes will be communicated accordingly.
- e) All amounts payable under this Agreement shall be exclusive of value added tax or similar indirect tax (“VAT”). Where VAT is payable under this Agreement, the consideration for the supply of goods/services shall be increased by an amount equal to the amount of VAT, applicable at the prevailing rate at the time such supply is made. Payments of VAT as applicable under law are a prerequisite under this Agreement.
- f) The Management will cancel any membership on which fees are unpaid for 6 months. Any lapse in membership will require the member to re-join at the prevailing Registration.
- g) Non-usage of the facility dose not eliminate the obligation to pay all the subscription on time nor grants a refund; legal action will be taken to recover all outstanding dues and you may not re-join until all outstanding’s are played.
3. Freezing Membership
- a. Members can apply to “freeze” their membership, if approved a freeze fee would be applicable. In all cases the club has the right to ask for supporting documentation.
- b. To freeze a membership a member must complete a form at the club with minimum 3 days ahead of the requested date and it needs to be submitted personally to our front desk.
- c. The freeze period must be for a duration of not less than 7 days and for maximum of 2 months in consecutive days.
- d. The freeze may not be used in respect of the notice period for cancellation of membership. Members cannot use the services or facilities during this period.
4. Termination of Membership
- a) Cancellation of any upfront payment membership is not permitted and the amount paid is non-refundable. In exceptional circumstances, a request to transfer the remaining balance of membership may be considered, and a new membership and commitment period maybe required.
- b) Termination of membership that has been frozen shall be subject to full monthly dues for the notice period. Freeze period is excluded from the minimum term.
5. Physical Condition of Members
- a) The member warrants and represents that he/she is in good physical condition and that he/she knows of no medical or other reason why he/she is not capable of engaging in an active or passive exercise program and that such exercise would not be detrimental to his/her health, safety, comfort or physical condition.
- b) It is the member responsibility to update the club in writing with any information that might affect their ability to engage safely in physical activity in clubs.
- c) The member shall not use any club facilities whilst suffering from any infections or contagious illness, disease or other ailment such as open cuts, abrasions, open sores or minor infection, where there is a risk that such use may be detrimental to the health, safety, comfort or physical condition of other members.
- d) Members and their guests’ exercise and use the facilities at their own risk and are advised to consult their physician prior to commencing any type of physical exercise.
6. Expulsion of Members
The management may terminate any membership:
- a) Without notice and with immediate effect if a member’s conduct, whether or not such conduct is the subject of complaint by other member or members, is such that in the reasonable opinion of the management, it is harmful to the character and/or interests of the club.
- b) Without notice and with immediate effect if the company is of an opinion that the member shall have committed any breach of the ‘V Fitness’ club rules and regulations that the club has in place.
- c) If a member is rude, aggressive or in any way disrespectful to another member or to any of the V Fitness employees, this includes foul/bad language.
- d) If any membership fees or any other fees such as personal training etc. remain unpaid after the due date of payment.
- e) Upon notice in writing, if V Fitness is of the opinion that the member is not a suitable individual for continued membership of the club.
- f) If a member is found to have violated the privacy of any other member within the shower and the changing rooms or are caught in lewd or compromising actions, this includes ignoring or disrespecting the club’s ‘No Nudity’ policy in the changing room area.
- g) A member whose membership is terminated by the Management shall forfeit all the privileges of membership with immediate effect without claim of any refund of his/her initial Registration fee or monthly membership dues other than any membership dues paid in advance.
- h) On termination of his/her membership the member will be required to return his/her membership card and any other evidence or property of membership provided to that member by the club and shall settle any outstanding debts.
7. Guests and Visitors
- a) Members introducing guests shall ensure that their guests complete the guest register and pay the current guest fee to obtain their guest pass.
- b) For security reasons, all guests and visitors are required to provide a photo ID such as Emirates ID or Passport / visa copy when visiting the clubs. A copy and/or ID number will be retained on record.
- c) Members are not permitted to use a guest pass to gain access to the club or use any paid facilities without charge unless authorized by management.
- d) Guests will have the same membership privileges as the member who introduced them and will be subject to the same club rules and limitations of liability as the member. It is the responsibility of the member introducing a guest to ensure that their guest complies with the club rules.
- e) The management reserves the right to exclude any guest from the club without giving any reason for doing so and change the charges levied for guest passes.
- f) Any guest of a member or a temporary visitor to the club shall agree to abide by the club rules and the same limitation of liabilities for a member shall apply.
- g) A guest pass /day pass or a membership that has been issued on a Complementary Bases must be used in line with the stated terms and conditions.
8. Health and Safety
- a) Members should be considerate of other members by using their workout towel when using any of the exercise stations and wipe down equipment with the towel and disinfectant.
- b) Members are requested to return all portable equipment after use including free weights and dumbbells to the racks provided.
- c) Fitness instructors are authorised to stop anyone from exercising if in their opinion the member /guest is exercising in a manner that may result in personal injury and or injury to others. Users must abide by the guidance of the fitness instructors and comply with all points clearly stated on the ‘V Fitness Club Rules’ notice board.
- d) Mobile phones should not be used in any of the exercise areas and should be kept on silence in the lockers provided.
- e) Smoking is not permitted in any part of the club.
- f) In the interest of health and hygiene, all club users are requested to use clean exercise clothing.
- g) Members or guests may not use the facilities of the club whilst under the influence of alcohol, narcotics or other mood altering substances.
- h) Games or activities which are disturbing or dangerous to others are not permitted. Sound equipment, such as radios are not permitted except with the use of headphones.
- i) For hygiene reasons, members must use towels in all workouts.
- j) Members are asked to use appropriate closed toe, non-marking, rubber soled sports shoes/footwear when on the premise of V Fitness; ‘Crocs are not permitted. Nudity is not permitted.
9. Club Facilities
- a) The Management accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to a member’s personal belongings kept in the lockers for any reason whatsoever.
- b) The use of mobile phones with camera features and/or any other types of visual recorders in changing rooms is strictly prohibited. Members breaching this rule will be handed over to the authorities to be dealt with accordingly.
- c) Certain complimentary drinks are provided to members for consumption within the premises only. Members and guests are not allowed to bring their own food and/ or drinks into the club.
- d) The Management may from time to time show potential members or others around the Club and allow them to use the club’s facilities on a trial basis and reserves the right to do so.
- e) Bags are not allowed in the training area; all bags should be stored in the lockers.
10. Personal Training
- a) If applicable, getting you started sessions must be completed in first week of joining.
- b) Personal Training can only be conducted by V Fitness employed trainers that are qualified and certified.
- c) Members must sign the PT contract sheet for each personal training session at the time of the workout, and must only sign for sessions that have been conducted.
- d) All sessions must be completed on/before the contract expiry date; any contract extension must be authorised by the V Fitness Manager after ensuring all relevant paperwork to support the contract extension has been received.
- e) V Fitness reserves the right to provide a replacement qualified personal trainer in the event that the current trainer is not available (this will be at the management’s discretion).
- f) Notice of cancellation of PT sessions must be given at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled appointment time. Sessions will be deemed used as per the scheduled appointment. Failure to attend a scheduled PT session without notice will result in the session being fully charged.
- g) All PT sessions purchased are non-refundable and non-transferable.
11. Group Exercise
- a) Members must register 30 minutes prior to every class starting.
- b) Members are not allowed to enter the studio once the class has started.
- c) Members are asked to refrain from using mobile phones in all classes.
- d) Members are asked to use appropriate closed toe, non-marking, rubber soled sports shoes/footwear when participating in all classes, ‘Crocs are not permitted.
- e) Members can attend any class anytime, however back to back classes are discouraged to allow other members to enter.
- f) For hygiene reasons, members must use towels in all workout classes.
- g) Group exercises are free of charge but we reserve the right to apply fee for selective classes where the charge will be specified in front desk.
- h) V Fitness reserves the right to provide a replacement qualified trainer in the event that the current trainer is not available (this will be at the management’s discretion)
- i) Any and all studio group classes that take place on V Fitness can only be conducted by V Fitness employed trainers or appointed third parties.
- j) Any advance payments towards fitness classes, studio usage or any other payable activities, will not be refundable or transferrable.
- a) Temporary lockers will be provided by the club and must be cleared daily. The club will keep unclaimed properties for a period of 3 days after which the Management reserves the right to dispose of the items in any way it sees fit.
- b) The Management does not take any responsibility for the items kept in the lockers.
- c) Please do not keep money or valuables in your locker. V Fitness cannot be held responsible for any loss or damages.
- a) Soliciting and selling private personal training sessions or merchandise of any type to any member is prohibited and shall result in immediate termination of the member concerned.
- b) The management reserves the right to use any individual or group photographs of members and/or guests for press or promotional purposes.
- c) All members must abide by the rules of the club, which may be amended and/or added to from time to time at the management’s discretion.
- d) Failure of the management to enforce any of their respective rights at any time shall not be construed as a waiver as a waiver of such rights.
- e) All brandings, designs, logos and club interiors follow the V Fitness vision. Members and / or guests are not allowed to photograph or copy any club interior designs, promotional materials, tag lines, themes or concepts.
- f) V Fitness reserves the right to proceed with legal action to any member caught distributing, sharing such contents to any third party vendor or competitor.
14. Limitation of Liability
In consideration of the management accepting his/her application for membership of the club and for him/her becoming and remaining a member of the club, the member agrees that:
- a) V Fitness accepts no responsibility for loss, for damage to members or their guest properties of, for death or injuries sustained while on the premises.
- b) Members and their guests agree that no claims will be made against the company, the management or staff for any reason whatsoever.
- c) V Fitness, its associated companies, employees or agents shall not be responsible for any claims, demands, injuries, damages or actions for negligence arising on account of death or due to injury, loss, damage or theft to member’s personal property arising out of or in connection with the use by a member of any of the services, facilities on the premises of V Fitness, employees and agents harmless from all claims which may be brought against them by or on a member’s behalf for any such injuries or claims aforesaid.
15.By signing this document, I acknowledge receiving a copy.